What is Scrip?
“Scrip” is just another name for a gift certificate or gift card. You use it just as you would cash.
Scrip as a fundraiser was pioneered by the Catholic School System and has become a staple of the annual fundraising effort at St. Didacus Parish School.
What does it cost me?
Participating in our scrip program costs you nothing but the price of the card; we just ask you to use the Gift Card System when you do your everyday shopping. Each family at St. Didacus School agrees to contribute at least $130.00 in rebates during the school year as part of their tuition agreement. Rebates are the amount of money that your gift card purchases give back to the school. For example:
Macys rebate is 10% $100.00 Macy’s card – the school gets $10.00
Starbucks rebate is 7% $25.00 – we get $1.75
Home Depot 4% $200.00 – we get $8.00
Funds raised by the scrip sales are not “extra” money. They go directly into the school budget to keep our school running and to provide the supplies and other items needed routinely by the students. As you know, the tuition that each family pays does not completely defray the cost of our children’s education, so fundraisers like the scrip program provide the funds needed to continue to give our children a high-quality education in a safe and caring environment.
What do I need to do to participate?
GIFTCARDS WEBSITE: www.shopwithscrip.com
- All families will need to confirm their e-mail address with the Scrip Coordinators in order to receive permission to SIGN IN to the site.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your family name and email address. We will get back to you and give you permission to enter as a St. Didacus family. Do not register for the site, we will give you access to it.
- SIGN IN as one of our school families.
Scrip can be purchased either online or in the front office of the school during normal business hours: 7:30am – 3:30pm.
Why should I create an account online?
- At its most basic you can “SIGN IN” to the website using the information that you have received from the Scrip Coordinator here at the school. You select the cards you would like to purchase, print out the order sheet, attach your cash or check and turn it into the School Office by 9:00am on Monday. This will ensure that your order will be processed that same week with Gift Cards being delivered on Thursday/Friday
- You will also be able to purchase SCRIPNOW! (Electronic gift cards) and RELOAD existing cards using this system. Once the Scrip Coordinator receives your money and submits the order, you will see the electronic gift card arrive in your Scrip account “INBOX”. You can print them out or use the card number on a website site to pay for items. This way you get to spend your money much faster, as this usually happens on Tuesday of that same week.
- To get the most out of this system, it is advised that you sign up for PRESTO PAY, a process that directly connects the ordering system to your personal checking account (Banking) so that you will no longer need to write checks to the school. Just place your order as normal and the amount due will be deducted from your bank directly. No printing out sheets, turning in sheets or writing checks to the school.
- It also allows you to take even bigger advantage of RELOAD and SCRIP NOW! , and instant delivery of electronic gift cards to your “Inbox”. You can print these and go shopping with them. Actual plastic Gift Cards will still be delivered on Thursday of the same week if your order is placed by Monday morning. All gift cards come from a company on the east coast and are delivered via FedEx, usually on Thursday or Friday morning.
USE YOUR SMARTPHONE!
Back in May 2014 the Gift card company rolled out a new website to speed things up and make RELOAD and SCRIPNOW even better! http://www.myscripwallet.com was launched and if you have set up your PRESTOPAY account you can use your smart phone to order RELOAD or SCRIPNOW! on the go, right there in the shop, restaurant, bookstore or movie theater. Just login with the same user id and password you use to access the site. It’s so easy to use and, like most of us, if you’re not the type who plans ahead, this program will work for you.
What if I choose not to participate?
We hope that all families will take advantage of the scrip program as a way of helping our school, but if you choose not to participate, you agree to pay a non-deductible fee of $130.00.
How do I know how I am doing on my commitment?
You can track your own progress on the websites listed above. Each family has access to their own account details and should check often to make sure it is correct. Twice a year the school sends out an update of where your commitment stands. It’s important to read these updates because if there is a problem with something, this is usually how we find it.
We want to make the scrip program as easy as possible for you, and if you should have any questions or concerns, please contact the Scrip Coordinators by email email@example.com